“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
Welcome! If you have found this page, I assume you’re looking for a position as a private practice psychotherapist. I’m glad you found us. Please take a look around our website to get a flavor of our practice to see if it feels like a good fit and professional home for you. We strive to maintain a high caliber of clinical work, and the nurture and professional development of therapists is a strong value here. We have a small community where we want to get to know you as an individual and as a clinician. You will get attention and care here.
Evanston Relational Psychotherapy is a niche practice focused on the intersection of couple therapy (from an EFT/Emotionally Focused Therapy lens), sex therapy, and trauma therapy. We also see individuals for a variety of concerns. Supervision, consultation, and mentoring in the niche areas of our practice, is provided. As per the practice name, we have a strong emphasis on a relational approach to our work. Moving through the interview process, one of the things we’ll ask you to do is meet with the therapists on staff who would be your colleagues and professional community here, and you are encouraged to ask them whatever questions you have about the position or the practice.
Our practice is entirely self-pay. Each clinician reserves a couple of sliding-fee spots to maintain some accessibility of services. But there is no hassle with insurance companies. Therapist rates and pay will depend on level of licensure, and then years of experience and/or advanced certifications. As with many clinical practices, therapists are paid a per-session rate for completed sessions with collected fees. For clinically licensed therapists (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, LCP), your pay rate would be $80. For those with extensive experience providing psychotherapy (10+ years) and/or with specific advanced certifications (EFT, AASECT/CST, EMDR, AEDP, IFS), your pay rate would be $90. For therapists with 10+ years of experience and one of these advanced certifications, your per-session rate would be $100.
This is an employee (W2) position. Benefits include:
- A choice of 6 BCBS PPO and HMO health plans with $355 monthly employer contribution for full-time employees (once the therapist reaches and maintains 25 clients/week) and $100 monthly employer contribution for part-time employees. Eligibility is the first day of the month following one full month of employment.
- 401k with a menu of Fidelity products to choose from and a 3% employer contribution after 3 months of service.
- Accrued PTO of 50 hours (equivalent of 2+ clinical weeks), increasing to 62 hours the year after reaching 2 full years of employment.
- Continuing education stipend of $500 for full-time employees and $250 for part-time employees.
For the first year of practice, unless the therapist is already trained in EFT, the regular continuing education stipend is replaced by a required, fully paid EFT externship or core skills training (valued around $1100).
We are working to add more benefits each year as the practice grows.
Evanston Relational Psychotherapy provides comfortable offices in a great location with parking, an in-office laptop, telehealth platform (professional Zoom account), and an electronic health record (Sessions Health). We currently have flexibility about working in-office vs working from home, though we do meet in person for supervision/consultation and would ideally like to have you in the office a couple of days per week for the sense of community. While we provide hybrid care as a practice, there is not a requirement to see clients in person.
We provide referrals and marketing assistance, including a bio on the practice website, a paid Psychology Today profile, and a professional headshot.
The position requires:
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a mental health field
- Clinical licensure (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, LCP)
- Minimum 2 years of significant couples therapy experience
- Strong interest in our areas of practice
- Sex therapy experience or willingness to read, attend trainings, and learn on the ground with mentoring and guidance
Strong preference given to those seeking to build a full-time caseload, though part-time (15 hours +) will be considered. Scheduling for in-office work will be partly based on room availability. Due to both office schedule and maximizing availability for building a practice, at least two shifts should be evening or weekend. The ideal candidate will be curious, self-reflective, relationally oriented, and eager to grow clinically.
To apply for the position, please send me a cover letter indicating the reasons for your interest in this practice — really, I’d like to get a sense of you beyond your resume — along with a resume or cv, at: email@example.com. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.